I am currently pursuing my Ph.D. in Computer Science at Virginia Tech. Broadly I am interested in robust feature representations in machine learning. More specifically, my work encompasses representation learning, multi-modal learning, self-supervised learning, information retrieval, and conversational AI. I have recently received a highly selective Pratt Graduate Fellowship from the CS Department. I was also nominated for the Outstanding Doctoral Student Award. As an IBM Research intern, my work resulted in one conference paper under review and one pending patent. I am also part of one of the finalist teams at the Amazon Alexa Prize Taskbot Challenge 2.
Before starting my graduate studies, I completed my undergrad at the University of Dhaka. I have prior experience working as a Full Stack Web Developer at Enosis Solutions. More recently, I have worked as a Machine Learning Engineer (R&D) at TigerIT Bangladesh Ltd., where I have worked with signal processing and video classification. I have also worked as a Research Assistant at Data & Design Lab, where I have worked with Satellite data to design socio-economic proxies. While working at Data & Design Lab I have also collaborated with BRAC on UID generation project, COVID-19 data analysis, and the development of a web portal for economic data analysis.
I have an excellent understanding of statistical concepts and machine learning, and a broad experience with programming language and frameworks, especially Python and C. Additionally, I have experience working with Android and Full Stack Web Development. A combination of these skills makes me a strong candidate for R&D jobs, where prototype development is as important as researching new frontiers.
- October, 2023: My paper on multi-modal representation learning for image-to-text and text-to-image retrieval got accepted at the IEEE/CVF Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV).
- August, 2023: Our team advanced to the finals of the Amazon Alexa Prize Taskbot Challenge 2.
- August, 2023: My paper on human-in-the-loop model selection for set expansion got accepted at the 32nd ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM).
- May, 2023: Started my internship at IBM Research.
- May, 2023: I completed my M.S. in Computer Science from Virginia Tech.
- March, 2023: Our paper got accepted in Science.
- January, 2023: Our team was selected to participate in Alexa Prize TaskBot Challenge 2.
- December, 2022: I was awarded the Pratt Fellowship by the Department of Computer Science at Virginia Tech.
- October, 2022: My paper on Privacy-Preserving Data Sharing Framework was accepted to IEEE BigData 2022.
- May, 2022: Started my internship at IBM Research.
- August, 2021: My paper on truncated sparse bit-vector representations was accepted to CIKM’21 Applied Track (joint work with IBM Research).
- January, 2021: Joined Virginia Tech as a Ph.D. Student in Computer Science.
- December, 2020: Left TigerIT Bangladesh Limited
- June, 2020: Joined TigerIT Bangladesh Limited as a Machine Learning Software Engineer
- June, 2020: Left Data & Design Lab
- October, 2019: Left Enosis Solutions.
- April, 2019: Joined Enosis Solutions as a Software Engineer, and Data and Design Lab as a Research Assistant.
- January, 2019: Completed my B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Dhaka.